More CVS questions
Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 22 17:22:16 PDT 2004
Does anyone out there know the answers to these Xorg cvs questions?
1. Whenever I run cvs in anonymous mode, it works fine. But when I
run it as the user deronj, it does the right thing, but the cvs
process never terminates. This limits my ability to do automatic
nightly bringovers from my lg3d branch. Does this problem sound
familiar to anybody?
2. I've been getting lots of the following messages. What does it mean?
Should I be concerned about this?
cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings. Convert your scripts
the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format strings.
Mailing the commit message to xorg-commit at pdx.freedesktop.org...
3. One of the Xorg CVS policy web pages mentioned that I can control
write access to a branch? How do I go about doing this?
4. What is the default state of write access to branches. Is it
anybody-can-write unless I do anything?
5. I would like to be notified whenever anybody commits anything into
my branch. How can I set this up? Is there any way to get notified
only of commits to my particular branch, or do I need to receive
all commit notifications and filter them myself?
More information about the xorg