xserver "mouse"-argument handling

Michael Ressel ressel at comas.de
Thu Sep 23 03:21:49 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,
i set up a Debian System upon a Webpad with an Alchemy1100 (Little
Endian MIPS) CPU a few days ago. The factory-installed Linux, which i
deleteted for the Debian Distribution, has also contained the
framebuffer-xserver binary (Xfbdev). This xserver works also well with
my touchscreen by running "Xfbdev -mouse /dev/touchscreen".....
But unfortunately there is no framebuffer-xserver package for the MIPSEL
architecture and i'm against copying the binaries from the
factory-installed Linux on my orderly Debian System.....
So i installed the xserver-xfree86 package which does the
framebuffer-job as well. But the problem now is that i does'nt get my
touchscreen working proberly. I configured the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
file for using my touchscreen as a mouse:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/touchscreen"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
  #    :-)
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
EndSection

The pointer on the screen reacts on touching the display with jumping
around....
So i think the PS2 - Protocoll is the wrong one.... I also tried
"BusMouse" and "Auto" settings but it didn't work neither.

Can anyone tell me how the framebuffer-xserver, which works proberly
with the touchscreen, handles the touchscreen so i can use this
information for configuring my XF86Config-4?

Regards,
Michael