xdamage

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Aug 3 00:14:47 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 08:46 +0200, Zobolyak Peter wrote:
> changed might be a reasonable addition to either XFixes or Damage.
>
> It would be nice. Can you advice a workaround until it gets implemented?
> Unfortunatelly I need a solution, which could maybe replaced later when
> changes appears in distibutions.

You can tell when the colormap has been replaced by polling
with XListInstalledColormaps.

A more clever solution would create an off-screen window that
tracks the currently installed colormap; changes would be signalled with
ColormapUninstalled events, at which point you'd switch the window's
colormap to the newly installed one and await another change.

If this simple kludge works out for you, I'd say we're much less likely
to even bother with new extension request as this will be reasonably
efficient.

-keith