EXA for radeon experimental patch (2)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Aug 30 17:55:14 PDT 2005

A new patch is at http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/radeon-exa-benh-3.diff

I had composite acceleration working in r200 with CP (not with MMIO
yet), though I did some cleanups and didn't re-test so it might be
broken :)

Some known issues appart from still possibly non working Xv, DGA, ...

 - Color tiling must be disabled (well, that patch should disable it
automatically when using EXA). I'll fix that later

 - 3D not tested at all, page flipping won't work I suspect, maybe more
things need fixing. I'll deal with that later too

 - I have the server occasionally locking up or completely failing to
render anything at startup when using the CP. Adding some ErrorF() here
or there around RADEONWaitForIdleCP strangely makes it disappear. I'm
not sure yet what's up. Usually, running it without CP and then with CP
helps.

 - Endian problems on big endian machines with composite. EXA needs some
additional hooks so we can setup the swapper on PCI access properly when
drawing to offscreen pixmaps of different bit depth. Eric and I are
working on that.

Ben.