Modular X.org and the Unichrome forks.

Hugo Mills hugo-xorg at carfax.org.uk
Thu Dec 22 10:18:43 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 06:00:55PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Iau, 2005-12-22 at 16:51 +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > As for XvMC, you'll see that most people can't be bothered with it. Most
> > people who buy IGP graphics just want their desktop to show up on
> > whatever screen they use. But those people also barely ever make noise,
>
> There I must disagree. I know a lot of CLE266 users who are heavy users
> of the Xvmc layer. Its the only way to do digital TV with the standard
> digital TV cards and a CPU that slow. Thats the classic use of these
> little boxes in a graphical environment.

   I agree with Alan. If XvMC didn't work on my machine, I might as
well throw away £250 of hardware. It would be entirely, 100%, useless
to me without XvMC.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk