PROBLEM: this list

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Dec 23 12:39:27 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 01:36:51AM +0800, Mr E_T wrote:
> I have found that gnome developers are touchy about their penchance for
> multiple source/binary packages.

You keep bringing GNOME up as if it's vaguely relevant.

> As far as my problem was concerned - I was about to offer to attempt to
> provide the necessary autoconf scripts to semi-modularize the damn thing.

Please do.  Non-specific repeated list hijacking with 'modular is bad for
my LFS setup somehow, yar boo sux' is not useful.  A concise description
of your problems with a diff attached, is useful.

> I am stuck with a via/unichrome card - xfree doesnt support it and xorg
> doesnt seem to give a damn about other opinions.

It's more that we don't have the manpower to do that, realistically.
There are a lot of opinions out there, so all anyone can do is continue
to do what they think is right.  You can't expect anyone to be beholden
to your lists, and suddenly turn around and say 'well,
troll at arach.net.au said I was wrong, so yeah, I probably am; I'm going
to throw away two years of work and let's go back to where we were'.