Solo Xgl..

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Feb 22 08:48:21 PST 2005

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 February 2005 13:20, Brian Paul wrote:
>
>>Adam Jackson wrote:
>>
>>>I'm working on this, actually.  Right now I'm doing it as an EGL->GLX
>>>translation layer so we can get glitz retargeted at the EGL API.  Turning
>>>that into a dispatch layer wouldn't be too tough, particularly since a
>>>good bit of the engine is already written in miniglx.  I've nearly got it
>>>to the point of being able to run eglinfo, but it seems to have uncovered
>>>a bug or two in the fbconfig handling.
>>
>>I actually started writing some EGL interface code a few months ago,
>>but haven't touched it since.  Give me a day or two to clean it up.
>>Then let's exchange code and see what we've got.
>

> I pounded out most of the rest of the API compat today.  This is good enough
> to run eglinfo and return mostly correct answers (caveat is always "slow" for
> some reason), and of the 25ish egl* entrypoints only around three are still
> stubs.
>
> Apply patch to a newish Mesa checkout, add egl.c to sources in
> src/glx/x11/Makefile, build libGL.

While you were working on a translation layer I was working on a
general-purpose implementation of the EGL API.

I've put my sources at http://www.mesa3d.org/beta/egl/ for anyone who
wants to check it out.

Just remember this is largely untested prototype code, there's lots of
loose ends, everything is subject to change, etc, etc.

-Brian