Solo Xgl..

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sun Feb 20 17:12:20 PST 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 13:20, Brian Paul wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > I'm working on this, actually.  Right now I'm doing it as an EGL->GLX
> > translation layer so we can get glitz retargeted at the EGL API.  Turning
> > that into a dispatch layer wouldn't be too tough, particularly since a
> > good bit of the engine is already written in miniglx.  I've nearly got it
> > to the point of being able to run eglinfo, but it seems to have uncovered
> > a bug or two in the fbconfig handling.
>
> I actually started writing some EGL interface code a few months ago,
> but haven't touched it since.  Give me a day or two to clean it up.
> Then let's exchange code and see what we've got.

I pounded out most of the rest of the API compat today.  This is good enough
to run eglinfo and return mostly correct answers (caveat is always "slow" for
some reason), and of the 25ish egl* entrypoints only around three are still
stubs.

Apply patch to a newish Mesa checkout, add egl.c to sources in
src/glx/x11/Makefile, build libGL.

- ajax