new radeon tiling patch

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:08:52 PST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:25:46 +0100, Roland Scheidegger
<rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch> wrote:
> Ok, here's a new version. It also contains a supposed patch for
> mergedfb-pageflip (untested, but I need that for color tiling, otherwise
> I'd need to redo the crtc address calculation in the drm).
>
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_drm7.diff
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_ddx7.diff
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_dri7.diff

Roland,

   I tested with MergedFB and it works perfectly.  Nice speed boost!
I must note however, that with pageflipping, the crtc offsets still
don't seem to propagate down to the drm.  both crtcs end up at zero.
that's the same problem I had when I attempted to fix this last week.
I don't know why.  Other than that, very nice!

Alex