Does a cvs add auto-commit? (and cvs help please)

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon May 2 10:42:08 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to update the ports I maintain, and needed to add
a new directory and some new files, so that I could get a full
cvs diff to put in bugzilla. But cvs told me it was commiting
it, and mailing stuff to xorg-commit. I thought that a 'cvs
add' wasn't committed until you did a cvs commit?

Anyway it claims to have added the directory to the repo, and
thats not what I intended. I appologise. If someone can remove
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/usl that would be
great.

So I do this right, what should the procedure be? I've got my
tree checked out at XORG-6_8_2 and thats what the patches are
relative to. Is there an editable branch for 6.8.2 or 6.8.3
or whatever is next? Do I do a cvs add for the new files I have
and then do the commit once the patch has been reviewed?

Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Kean