Xv, radeon-exa-16.diff and some observations

Björn Nilsson bni.swe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 02:34:40 PDT 2005

I just tested http://people.freedesktop.org/~anholt/radeon-exa-16.diff
and Xv is still not working for me. It is however different from patch
nr 15.

With patch nr 15 i got garbled static mostly at the upper part of the
screen, now with nr 16 xine displays nothing just black, and no
static. If I swich to xshm, the video works but with worse picture
quality than normal it seems.

In my test (x86) computer:
9200SE AGP
9200SE PCI (not used currently)

Works great otherwise. Really nice to have no drawing artifacts when
moving windows anymore. Altough when resizing windows the windows and
desktop that is behind it gets messed up a little.

One other small nag: when a window is minimized and I click in kicker
to bring it to the front I notice a small delay before it shows up.
This only happens when the window is minimized (using KDE desktop).