Savage Exa Screen Error

Caleb O'Connell irishblood55 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 18 20:18:52 PDT 2005

Alex Deucher wrote:

> On 9/17/05, Caleb O'Connell <irishblood55 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> I have a ProSavage kn133 with 16 Meg shared Memory on an HP pavilion 1230
>> laptop.  I'm not sure what the LCD is so I use Generic 1024x768.  To get
>> the point, I've built xorg 6.8.99.900 rpms for fedora core 4.  I have DRI
>> enabled and that works great.  I applied the savage-exa.diff patch to the
>> savage drivers and included the correct savage_exa.c and savage_xaa.c.
>> That has built and installed fine, but when I use the Option
>> "AccelMethod" "exa" the screen comes up with the cursor, freezes it in
>> place, and in the top left corner there is a small pixel box that seems
>> to be the whole
>> screen pushed up there.  So it looks like there is a screen printing
>> problem.  There are no error in the Xorg.0.log file, in fact it gives me
>> successful loading of exa and all other options.  My question is if I
>> should be using an actual driver for my LCD which is giving the error, or
>> if exa for savage just isn't all ready.  Thanks ahead of time.
>>

> currently exa only works with a linear framebuffer.  Try adding this
> option to your config:
> Option "DisableTile" "true"
> And then exa should work (theoreticaly anyway, no one has tried it yet
> on a prosavage chip).
>
> Alex
>
>> Caleb O'Connell
>> irishblood55 at verizon.net

I've enabled EXA for my ProSavage chip, and added the "DisableTile" "true"
into my conf file.  It now works, but is really slow.  It disables the DRI
since that requires tile frame buffer.  All seems to be very good, but of
course I cannot as of now use it since it is so slow.  Thanks for the help
to at least get this somewhat straightened out.  I hope that this EXA can
be setup so as to use tiled frame buffer.  At that point I could really use
the card to it's total capacity.