X11R6.9/7.0

Sat Sep 24 08:48:41 PDT 2005

kartikay malhotra wrote:
> I begin by expressing my heartfelt thanx to two swell guys Alan
> Coopersmith & Adam Jackson.

Thanks, though we're mainly the ones just trying to organize the
work a lot more people are doing.

> Currently I'm using X11R6.8.x. I want to use X11R6.9 and X11R7.0. Has
> their source code been released? If so, where can I find it?

Not yet.   The modularization work has not progressed as fast as we
originally scheduled, so the releases have been delayed.   We are trying
to get to the RC1 release candidates soon - see Kevin Martin's recent
post on that:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-September/000687.html

Until then, the current work towards those releases is available in the
Xorg CVS on cvs.freedesktop.org.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com