Will new Intel OSS drivers enable internal/external display switching?

Christian Convey conveycj at npt.nuwc.navy.mil
Fri Aug 11 07:43:57 PDT 2006

I've got an HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop, which has a Centrino chipset.
lspci lists its graphics hardware as:
"Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910ML Express Graphics Controller
(rev 04)"

I've never had any luck in getting the laptop (under Linux, that is) to
obey me when I hit fn+F4, which is supposed to hot-switch between the
laptop's built-in display and an external monitor.

Does anyone know if Intel's newly announced OSS driver:
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=528&num=1
is supposed to address this issue?

Thanks,
Christian