AIGLX on Radeon Mobility

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Thu Feb 23 03:08:30 PST 2006

Hi,

I've got a Thinkpad T40p with a Radeon chip:

VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf [FireGL
9000] (rev 02)

If I use Xglx and compiz the effects are pretty smooth, desktop spinning
is jerky if the system is busy but the shadows, fades and so on are
great.

However, if I try AIGLX and CVS HEAD Metacity, it is noticably slower:
dragging windows is lagging by a good quarter of a second.

Is there anyway to determine the cause of this.  I've a feeling its
actually still using software indirect rendering, is there any way to
verify the hardware is being used?

Thanks,
Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com