Radeon FireMV 2400 PCI

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Thu Jan 26 19:21:22 PST 2006

Erwin Rol wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I got my test FireMV 2400 PCI, it is a card with two Radeon M9 chips
> connected via a PLX PCI6152 PCI-PCI Bridge.
>
> Xorg at least finds the two chips, and than hangs my machine  (I didn't
> try the patch from Benjamin yet).
>
> My question is are there any databooks, documentation etc. on the M9
> chips available without a NDA?
Well those are just standard rv280 chips (in the pci versions of the
firemv cards, in contrast to the rv370 on the pci-e versions). At least
catalyst seems to treat them as such. What's the lspci output? I'm kinda
curious, since normally two entries are reported for one chip, but the
catalyst .inf file only has two entries in total, so I guess in this
case the secondary id actually is the 2nd chip.

Roland