Radeon FireMV 2400 PCI

Fri Jan 27 02:56:19 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 14:54 +1300, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > My question is are there any databooks, documentation etc. on the M9
> > chips available without a NDA?
>
> nope not a thing,

They really don't want us to use their (expensive) hardware, do they :-)

> but there should be enough info out there to make it
> work.. unless they are setup wierd,.. if they show up and act as two
> distinct chips itshould be possible to make them work with Bens
> patch..

the PLX PCI-PCI bridge has some general IO pins, i hope they are not
used to control something on the card, cause that will be a pain to find
out.

The standard VGA (BIOS,, and bootup screen) works OK. This is in a
machine with a AGP-port that has no card in it, and the BIOS has a
option AGP or PCI video.

In another machine with a IGP+PCIe+PCI port it doesn't seem to work, all
PCI regions showup as "(disabled)". The BIOS only seems to know about
the IGP or the PCIe card, but has no option to enable a PCI graphics
card.

I will try Ben's new patch later this weekend, to see if it works with
X.

Even though this is not the kernel list, the radeonfb didn't seem to
like it either, it returned "-5" for the two M9's it couldn't do the
ioremap for some reason (maybe because the PCI regions where
"(disabled)" ? ).

- Erwin