keyboard repeat ppppproblem

George Ross gdmr at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 03:22:45 PDT 2006

> I hve been having    problems typing messages because when I type often
> I get more than one character. It gets so bad  at times to  be    almost
> unusable.

Possible red-herring alert...  I was plagued by this a while back when
trying to persuade xconsole to run on FC3.  No xconsole: no problem; run
xconsole, get lots of repeated characters.  My solution was just to give up
on xconsole, as I didn't have time to chase down the real problem!
--
Dr George D M Ross, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
    Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ