Xgl -- GLX_BIND_TO_TEXTURE_TARGETS_EXT incorrectly hardcoded

Maarten Billemont Lhunath at pandora.be
Fri Jun 2 05:29:40 PDT 2006

Until recent, my Xgl did not work. The issue I experienced was comparable
to the 'black windows' issue you can read about all over the web. The
problem lays with the query for GLX_BIND_TO_TEXTURE_TARGETS_EXT to the Xgl
server.

To make a long story of diagnosing short and confront you with the problem
and the solution:
Both Xgl and compiz define GLX_BIND_TO_TEXTURE_TARGETS_EXT and the return
values it needs in their very own headers, instead of inheriting the
correct values from the OpenGL header glxtokens.h. The result is incorrect
request and return values in the glXQueryDrawable function, and as a
result, the problem described by me above.

Now, I have no clue of the design and working of Xgl nor compiz. I have no
idea how the code works except for the few lines I've seen, so I probably
sound all wrong. The point is, the problem is resolved by including
<GL/glxtokens.h> instead of hardcoding the GLX_*_EXT values, which to me
seems like the only non-evil way to do it either way.

Maarten Billemont