radeon + DVI via docking station

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 10:50:07 PDT 2006

On 6/9/06, Stefan Müller <Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> Matthias Hopf wrote:
>
> > Alex is right, it is probably of no use to test radeon10b. But testing
> > is easy at least.
>
> Okay, I tested it. I found out quickly that it does not work. =;-)
>
> >> If not, do I have to recompile xorg myself or are there rpms availible
> >> that are compatible with SuSE 10.1?
>
> Okay, so there is the option to try radeontool to manipulate the
> registers or to compile the x driver. In what way would it help to
> change the registers of the card? I have a picture, so the DVI output
> seems to work somehow, the problem is that the system crashes. This
> seems to suggest that I have to compile the drivers. Is there a howto
> somewhere?

If the system crashes that's probably unrelated to the output
handling.  These are two separate bugs.  Does disabling the DRI make
the system stable?  how about switching to depth 16?

Using radeontool to manipulate the regs and using may patch accomplish
the same thing.  It doesn't matter which you use.

Alex