2 dual-head PCIe NVIDIA cards to be one screen

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Tue May 2 10:01:38 PDT 2006

Hi all,

my friends has two PCI-express NVIDIA cards (GeForce 6800 GTX) and has *three*
TFT displays (let's call them LMR - left+middle+right).

Now, our goal is to have a wide screen for X to spread over those 3 TFT
displays using the two PCIe NVIDIA gards (both dual-head, as said).

However, we encountered several problems in getting X finding the both cards
(Xorg 7.0), so he contacted some users at the #irc channel which couldn't
help much, which is - in fact - why I'm writing here.

Does anyone of you have any kind of expriences in connecting *more* than two
display devices to X11 and let them serve a desktop?

Most ideally is, to get then OpenGL running atop of the 3 desktop, in
fullscreen resolution (3*1280x1024 = 3840x1024) to play a game within it.

Maybe you need more information to get to help us, so please let us know :)

Many thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.

p.s.: please CC to all receipts :)