Summer of Code deadline is soon

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon May 8 11:34:41 PDT 2006

I just want to remind any students that the proposal deadline for Google
Summer of Code is in 5.5 hours, at 5pm Pacific time, or midnight UTC.
But don't wait until the site goes down under the crush of last-minute
submissions: get your proposal in now! :-)

There are 11 submissions to X.org so far, most quite good, but at that
volume your chances of acceptance (and therefore of earning US$4,500)
are high. Quite a few projects from the X.org ideas page haven't been
picked up by anybody yet, either: I'm still hoping for more XCB
proposals, for instance, though I'm very pleased with the three I've
seen.
	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas

Good luck,
--Jamey