ati 9250 - ubuntu dapper fligh 6 - no 3d acceleration - fglrx warnings

juan juan at beiran.jazztel.es
Mon May 8 14:12:38 PDT 2006

El lun, 08-05-2006 a las 22:39 +0200, Mark Rosenstand escribió:
> juan <juan at beiran.jazztel.es> wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > thank you in advance for your help
> >
> > I'm new to linux and I have no 3d acceleration and some problems with
> > fglrx driver. I'll send attached xorg.0.log
>
> Since you're lucky enough to have a card supported by the open radeon
> driver, you should really consider using that instead of the crappy
> proprietary one.

Aha. That means that I should change in device section inside xorg.conf,
driver "radeon" instead of "fglrx"? And, how about 3D acceleration? and
there's something wrong about agp, isn't it?

I don't have any interest in propietary drivers, I'm just asking for
some light. I wanna learn but I need some help.

In any case, thank you very much

and congratulations, open source really rocks!!!