ati 9250 - ubuntu dapper fligh 6 - no 3d acceleration - fglrx warnings

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon May 8 14:42:28 PDT 2006

On Llu, 2006-05-08 at 23:12 +0200, juan wrote:
> Aha. That means that I should change in device section inside xorg.conf,
> driver "radeon" instead of "fglrx"? And, how about 3D acceleration? and
> there's something wrong about agp, isn't it?

You need the driver set to radeon and the open source 3D libraries
installed (ATI fglrx normally replaces those with its own). I don't know
if Ubuntu packages them carefully to avoid this or not.

3D normally needs the AGP drivers for the kernel loaded, but that should
be done automatically by Ubuntu for you.

Alan