PCI-E card with two dvi outputs with FOSS drivers

Russell Shaw rjshaw at netspace.net.au
Sat May 27 16:48:26 PDT 2006

Ben Skeggs wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 27.05.2006, 14:12 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Mailhot:
>
>>If I buy a cheap GForce 5200 or Radeon 92?0 card, will xorg be able to
>>do a clone to this card ? (now someone will tell me the TMDSes on these
>>things are unsupported)

Don't know about clone, but i'm using a Radeon 9200 SE in 2-head xinerama
mode (display 0). No acceleration tho. I originally tried nvidia, but the
FOSS drivers are crap and wouldn't do dual-head. The FOSS drivers for ati
are much better. I'll go OpenGraphics when they're released. Even if the
hardware is less capable than a proprietory asic, the card will still run
much faster than the others when just using FOSS drivers.