i965 textured video crash

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 09:01:20 PST 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 11:26, Luca Dionisi wrote:
> Ok, silly me.
> I tried it within my fedora 6. I should have installed
> xorg-x11-server-sdk before.
> Now it builds and installs. I also had to install libdrm 2.2.
>
> Now xvinfo says I've got one adaptor, which is named "Intel textured..."
>
> But it is much slow. It has artifacts when I move the player window.
> And when I rotate the cube (compiz) the video remains where it was.

Are you sure you have DRI enabled? I don't know if textured video will even
work without DRI but I suppose you might be using software rendering.

I have never been able to get Compiz to work on my G965 system. What xserver
and mesa versions are you using? Are you using Xgl or AIGLX?

> Is it the state of the art of the driver?
>
> I will soon try and redo the installation in a cleaner system. Fedora 6
> comes with a 2.6.18 kernel, I had to install a new kernel, and maybe I
> forgot something.
>
> Thanks for now.
> --Luca

Andrew Barr

Now playing: The Police - Reggatta De Blanc