[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.2.99.0

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Tue Nov 7 05:19:26 PST 2006

02 Kas 2006 Per 05:17 tarihinde, Daniel Stone şunları yazmıştı:
> Please test this one hard: in particular, the input paths have changed
> massively, and need as much testing as they can get.  If there are a lot
> of changes, I'd like to get a 1.2.99.1 out the door reasonably quickly,
> particularly also if there are changes like pci-rework involved (hi,
> Ian!).

Some build problems;

* Can't build without Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz's CONFIG_LIB patch,

* Can't enable glx with MesaCVS and libdrm 2.2.0 due to a missig symbol
(drmCloseOnce), but just converting drmCloseOnce to drmClose in
src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/dri_util.c solves this issue, by the way who
provides this symbol neither libdrm 2.2.0 package nor libdrm git-tree have
this?

* Just latest xf86-input-evdev and xf86-input-mouse can be compiled with
server, all others fails with xf86GetMotionEvents undeclared.

* Released xf86-input-keyboard is buggy so i cloned its git tree but in order
to compile that, xorg-server needs Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz's patch in [ANNOUNCE]
xf86-input-kbd 1.2.0 thread

And last note, switching to vt and turning back to X sometimes causes to
vesafb problems, it starts to eat %90 of CPU time and system freezes.

Will xorg-server and xf86-input-* will release another version?

--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!