Injecting mouse events into the X server

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xorg at mega-nerd.com
Thu Nov 9 00:40:22 PST 2006

Aivils Stoss wrote:

> May be this one fit:
> http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/?proj_id=xke
>
> Anyway it need working kernel driver of input device. xke translates
> kernel events to X events via XTEST under linux.

Thanks Aivils but I already have a solution.

I have written a daemon program that uses libusb to read the hardware
touchscreen and the XTest* functions to inject events into the Xserver.

Its not perfect yet, but the things that need to be solved are mainly
issues revolving around the hardware itself.

Cheers,
Erik