How to determine modular paths?

Andy Ritger aritger at nvidia.com
Thu Nov 16 10:49:15 PST 2006

Thanks, Daniel.

To be clear: this is definitely just a packaging/distribution issue.
I just need an X.Org email thread that I can point to when asking
distributions to make sure the pkg-config command is usable to determine
the modular path.  The previous email thread from last December on this
topic was not deemed sufficiently clear.

Hopefully this is sufficient:

> >     pkg-config --variable=moduledir xorg-server
> >     pkg-config --variable=libdir xorg-server
[...]
>> Are the above pkg-config commands the correct way for 3rd party
>> installation tools to determine the paths where the related files should
>> be installed?
>
> Yes.

Thanks,
- Andy