In 7.2 Xvfb defaults to a 24-bit DirectColor visual - why?

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 24 19:59:31 PST 2006

When I start Xvfb with a 24-bit depth, the visuals are different than what  you get with Xvfb 7.1.
In addition, whereas Xvfb 7.1 has a TrueColor default visual, Xvfb 7.2 (in the server-1.2-branch)
has a DirectColor default visual. This causes problems for Looking Glass. Was this change
intentional or is it a bug? The reason why this is occuring is because the symbol XFree86Server is not defined
while compiling fbcmap.c (this symbol is defined during the server compile in 7.1 but not in 7.2).
Should I file a bug against this? Who owns this area?

    -Deron