946gz, x3000 on gentoo -- no drm/dri and xv

sAwAr sawar at interia.pl
Sun Oct 1 15:48:51 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm new on list so I would like to say hello.

I've decided to subscribe and ask for help with my new hardware.
I have x3000 on 946gz chipset. I'm using 2.6.17 gentoo-kernel. I've tryed
using drivers from kernel and from xf86-video-i810-1.6.5 package, mesa 1.6.5.
Those the newest drivers availble for my system. I can't get drm/dri working
on it.
Log says something like this
"agpgart no souch file or device, or you don't have enough memory".
The whole log I wil be able to post tomorrow if it is nessesery.

Moreower glxgears shows 1020 fps in small window. I don't have xv support in X
and this is the worst thing for me. I don't play games but now I can't watch
movies on full screen.

How should I set up kernel/drivers and xorg configuration for my GMA to make
this working propertly.
Which version of drivers should I use and how can I get it?

Pozdrawiam
Szymon