server-1.2-branch accidentally merged with master

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Oct 10 03:34:47 PDT 2006

On Oct 10, 06 09:15:48 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> May I also suggest considering:
>
>       * Using git-fetch and git-rebase instead of git-pull (which is
>         really intended for merging) for syncing to a remote repository.

I used this some time ago - it's not as stable as I wished it to be.
That said, it's always worth a try, and it will bail out if it doesn't
work.

Additionally, you have to use git >1.3 in order to have your commit
comments untouched (well, it makes sure that there's an empty line after
the first 'summary' line), the git versions before nuked everything
after the first line.

CU

Matthias

--