Keyboard generating strange events?? (highlighted in Xgl/Compiz)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 11 13:00:52 PDT 2006

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't want to bother the devs here but I have been going insane for
> some months now....

Snip.

Right, I gave up and tried a new keyboard. Problem solved.

I did have a Microsoft Multimedia ergonomic keyboard with a PS2 -> USB
adaptor (laptop has no PS2 port), and will unfortunately probably buy
another MS keyboard as they are one of the few split keyboard
manufacturers that make pure usb keyboards.

Of all the other options, the MS Ego 4000 USB appears to be the best
option (tho' I need a patch posted on Aug 8th to make full use of it it
seems).

Well, even after >1 year of annoyance and a few weeks of pain I am at
least consoled by the fact that my linux box crashing was microsoft's
fault :D

Col