Problem with virtual size and real size of monitor

ali nebi f1_ali at mail.bg
Fri Oct 13 00:03:05 PDT 2006

Hi,
I would like to ask you for an opinion on one problem.

I have Acer AL1916W - widescreen.My operating system is
Fedora5. I installed the latest driver of the chipset
(driver:i810 1.7.0,chipset: 946GZ) and i set it to work on
1440х900 resoultion. The problem is the width itself is
wider and exceeds the monitor width. Do you have any idea
how to fix this?

Another monitor of mine is the same model and has the same
resolution and settings but another chipset(945GM) and
works fine.

The computers work good with the other resolution.

The other computers use the latest series of this monitor.

945GM + All Monitor Resolutions -> Work OK
946GZ + 1440x900 ->the width is wider then the monitor width
946GZ + 1440x900 + Newer Monitor Revision -> Works OK
946GZ + Other Monitor Resolutions -> Work OK

Everything works fine on windows.Any ideas how to solve that
problem?