Xorg 7.0 build-from-tarballs.sh dies in distcleancheck

Andrew Haninger ahaning at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 18:54:09 PDT 2006

On 10/13/06, Russell Shaw <rjshaw at netspace.net.au> wrote:
> "make distcheck" is an Autotools rule that packages the project into
> a tar archive for distribution, then tests for errors by untarring
> and building the project. It then does a "make distclean" to make sure
> all generated files are removed. Leftover files are an error that are
> fixed by editing a Makefile.am somewhere (probably
> xorg/xserver/hw/dmx/config/Makefile.am).
Thank you very much for the explanation. I looked briefly into trying
to fix the problem, but gave up quickly when I figured it would be
better fixed by people more familiar with the code than myself.

I ended up building with the same command line except for -d and -D
and the build is working fine now.

Andy