GXT2000P on an IBM RS/6000

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Oct 13 08:34:28 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 09:31 -0400, Tom Moyer wrote:
> The GXT2000P has 32MB of RAM as far as I know.  I think part of the
> problem might be that X is only seeing 4MB, but for some reason, even
> when I specify the amount of VideoRAM, it still only shows 4MB.

That's up to the framebuffer device... looks like OFfb only exposes as
much memory as the video mode takes up.

> On 10/13/06, Rene Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:
>         On Friday 13 October 2006 15:01, Tom Moyer wrote:
>         > I have tried to disable the ShadowFB by setting Option
>         ShadowFB "false",
>         > and now I get a signal 11 when I startx.  The new log is at
>         > http://geodyn.psu.edu/xorg_errors/Xorg.0.log.sig11

Hmm, maybe fb tries to access beyond the end of the screen? Can you try
running the X server (preferably built with debugging symbols) within
gdb?

The output of fbset -i would still be interesting as well.