Building the X.org 7.1.1 server against Mesa CVS

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:08:54 PDT 2006

I am pursuing the angle that my compositor troubles[0] are caused by my X
server not being built against Mesa CVS, which is installed on my machine. To
that end I'm trying to recompile xorg-server 1.1.1 against a Mesa CVS tree.
It fails:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-mesa-source=../mesa-6.5.2.cvs20061020
[snip]
Checking that the source files exist for mesa module ...
error:   /home/andrew/src/mesa-6.5.2.cvs20061020/src/mesa/shader/slang/library/slang_version_syn.h
not found
configure: error: Failed to link Mesa source tree.  Please specify a proper
path to Mesa sources, or disable GLX.

Is this combination possible or do I need to get a development version of the
X.org server module?

[0] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg/12152

--
Andrew Barr