Building the X.org 7.1.1 server against Mesa CVS

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:54:09 PDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Andrew J. Barr <andrew.james.barr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am pursuing the angle that my compositor troubles[0] are caused by my X
> server not being built against Mesa CVS, which is installed on my machine. To
> that end I'm trying to recompile xorg-server 1.1.1 against a Mesa CVS tree.
> It fails:
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-mesa-source=../mesa-6.5.2.cvs20061020
> [snip]
> Checking that the source files exist for mesa module ...
> error:   /home/andrew/src/mesa-6.5.2.cvs20061020/src/mesa/shader/slang/library/slang_version_syn.h
> not found
> configure: error: Failed to link Mesa source tree.  Please specify a proper
> path to Mesa sources, or disable GLX.
>
> Is this combination possible or do I need to get a development version of the
> X.org server module?

I think all you need to do is get the mesa synchronization bits
matched up. Try the attached patch. It doesn't change any of the
xserver source, just syncs up to mesa HEAD properly until there's a
real solution for this issue. What you're seeing is that the files for
slang_version_syn changed names, and xorg-server-1.1.1 doesn't know
about it. Amongst other problems.

--
Dan