xorg-7.0 with nv/nvidia driver: random screen flashing

Bram bram at xorg.avontuur.org
Thu Oct 26 11:59:57 PDT 2006

Bram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using xorg-7.0 on kubuntu with either the nv or nvidia driver. With
> either driver, at seemingly random intervals, the screen flickers very
> shortly.

This may help somebody in the future, hence I reply to myself with
my solution:

I recompiled the kernel (2.6.7.13) without irq load balancing and
without cpu frequency changer. This fixed the problem for me. I haven't
tested which setting it was exactly, I just took a wild guess and
disabled those two.

Bram