Finding modal dialogs

Suma Byrappa suma_byrappa at yahoo.co.in
Sat Oct 28 11:52:59 PDT 2006

Hi All,

  I need to fnd out if a dialog (or window) is modal or modeless using Xlib APIs. What can I use to differentiate between modal and modeless?

  I found few topics which mention about override_redirect and WM_TRANSIENT_FOR properties. But, when I read the properties of dialog windows, they don't match with the usage of override_redirect.

  Any help is greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Suma.