Will there be an X at FOSDEM2007?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Oct 29 20:13:22 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 02:03 +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

> > I can promise funding if X.org is unable to do so at this point.
> > Anything to ensure that I get to attend FOSDEM, eat mussels, drink beer
> > and shop for chocolate.
>
> Why do i get the feeling that the order of importance of that list is the
> actual inverse of the ordering in that sentence? How many kilos did you
> "smuggle" out again last year?

Hey, I declared the 10kg on my customs form. I'll be sure to have the
extra bag packed inside my suitcase for the trip home again this year.

And, last year the mussel season was nearly over, so the quality was a
bit lower than in years past. I'm not sure I managed 10kg of beer though
(not for lack of trying though), so I think your overall ordering is
probably correct.

> This isn't about funding, the devroom itself at FOSDEM is completely
> free, we just need to show up in reasonable numbers. If FOSDEM were
> officially sanctioned by the board, then sufficient attendance would be
> almost certain.

I'm not sure we need any board sanction; we just need to get people
signed up. And, I'd say that if we can get 7 people signed up in a
couple of hours, we'll surely end up with another 5 or 6 before the
event starts.

keith.packard at intel.com