Missing Key Syms

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Oct 31 10:39:51 PST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 06:21:06PM +0100, Florian Festi wrote:
> 102NDAB, ALTERASE, ANGLE, ARCHIVE, AUDIO, AUX

What are these?

> BASSBOOST

No, we don't have these.

> BATTERY

I think we're having this/

> BLUE, CHANNEL, CHANNELDOWN, CHANNELUP

Blue?!?

> CHAT

XF86Messaging.

> CLOSECD

XF86Eject?

> CONNECT

What?

> CYCLEWINDOWS

Alt-Tab.

> DEL_EOL, DEL_EOS, DELETEFILE, DEL_LINE, DIGITS, DIRECTION,

What?

> DIRECTORY, DVD, EPG, FASTFORWARD, FILE, FIRST

What are these?  (Though DVD and fast forward make sense.)

> FN

Almost always a modifier, so it doesn't matter.

> FN_B, FN_D, FN_E,

What are FN_[BDE]?

> FN_ESC, FN_F, FN_F1, FN_F10, FN_F11, FN_F12, FN_F2, FN_F3, FN_F4, FN_F5,
> FN_F6, FN_F7, FN_F8, FN_F9, FN_S

Why are these useful?  What is FN_S?

> GREEN

What is this?

> INFO

On what?

> INS_LINE, ISO

What are these?

> KBDILLUMDOWN, KBDILLUMTOGGLE, KBDILLUMUP

Already fixed in master -- XF86KeyboardBrightnessUp/Down or similar.

> KEYBOARD, LANGUAGE, LAST,

What does a 'keyboard' button do?  What do the other two do, for that
matter?

> LIST, MACRO, MAX, MHP, MODE, OK, PC, PLAYER, POWER2, PREVIOUS, PVR,

Again, what do these (other than previous) do?  How does POWER2 differ
from the usual power?

> RADIO, RED, RESTART, RO, SAT, SAT2, SCREEN, SCROLLDOWN, SCROLLUP,

Red, sweet.  SCROLLDOWN and SCROLLUP are arguably implemented with
PageUp and PageDown, surely.

> SHUFFLE, SPORT, SUBTITLE, TAPE, TEEN, TEXT, TIME, TITLE, TUNER, TV, TV2,
> TWEN, VCR, VCR2, YELLOW, ZOOM

What are these buttons?  Why do we have a yellow button?  How is that
possibly useful?

Cheers,
Daniel