current status for RV380 (RADEON X600) under X.Org, continued

Julio Meca Hansen julio28 at jumec.jazztel.es
Sat Sep 30 11:07:33 PDT 2006

Thanks Jerome,

Your answer was very helpful to me and I'm definitely going for the X600 but I've seen there's
some AIW (All-in-wonder) models which come with video capture capability, I think the chip in
this card is the ATI RAGE THEATHER 200, if I read correctly on the ATI website... the usual
place to go for a driver supporting the TV capabilities of this model was the GATOS project site,
but a note clearly says the code has been merged in the X.org tree as of 7.0

my question is... does the TV capture mode (analogic, at least) works with the current driver?

Fortunately (or unfortunately, it depends on the point of view) my Dell display has become defective after
some days of use, so I have the option of replacing it for another display of the same model or get a
refund and put a bit more money and go for the 30" model but...

my question is... can I use two X600 (wheter they are AIW or not) to drive a 30" display or do I have to
fulfill some requirements in the form of a special connector or anything I haven't think about?

in case it's possible... I need to relay on the mergedfb implementation, right? what would I need in order
to use it?

Thanks in advance,
Julio