*SUCCESS* with Modular Build - Awesome Display - Couple of Q's

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:57:40 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, david rankin <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> > david rankin wrote:
> >> (EE) intel(0): [dri] I830DRIScreenInit failed because of a version
> >> mismatch.
> >> [dri] i915 kernel module version is 1.1.0 but version 1.3 or greater is
> >> needed.
> >> [dri] Disabling DRI.
> >> (II) intel(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
> >> (II) intel(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0xf9358000 at
> >> 0x4002c000
> >
> > What kernel version do you have? You can find out by typing 'uname -r'
> > into a terminal.
>
> providence:/tmp/modular # uname -r
> 2.6.13-15.15-smp

Since the kernel loads the kernel modules, you'll have to either
update to a newer kernel (probably 2.6.20) to get the required drm
module, or build a newer drm module for this kernel.

In the case that you want to try to build the drm modules and install
them in place of your kernel's drm modules, see the instructions on
the DRI website:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DRM

Building external kernel modules can be tricky, so YMMV.

--
Dan