experiences with dual-dvi on ATI Radeon cards / NV-cards

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.org.au
Thu Apr 12 18:55:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a Nvidia card. Dual head setup does not work with the open
source nv driver, and the closed source driver requires regular
restarting since the desktop slows down over time.

I have some experience with ATI as well, don't buy it. The image
quality is good but the driver support (both open and closed source)
under Linux is terrible.

Matrox used to work really well under Linux, I had a G550 AGP card for
many years, and it worked perfectly with the open source driver and
xinerama.

Intel is probably your best bet at the moment, but I have not seen any
dual DVI solutions.

BTW why don't you use the source code distributed driver for your G550
card?
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/support/drivers/driverInfo.php?id=144

Cheers,
//Anders