xf86-video-ati randr-1.2 branch on PowerBook5,4 with RV350

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Wed Aug 22 21:41:57 PDT 2007

"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/22/07, Paul Collins <paul at briny.ondioline.org> wrote:
>> I decided to play with randr-1.2 on my PowerBook, but when I start X
>> (server 1.3.0.0) I get a corrupted display with the left-hand third of
>> the screen repeated and overlapping.  When I switch back to the console
>> it is corrupted in the same way.  If I revert to the old driver and
>> restart X, everything goes back to normal.
>>
>> Machine is a PowerBook 5,4 with RV350 ("Mobility Radeon 9600 M10").
>>
>> If it's not expected to be broken, let me know if you'd like any info.
>
> It should work.  How recently did you check out the randr branch?  Can
> you post your X log?

Last night.  I think commit 9470bd67731059f26859ed5f0bea3ade09e2c80c.

I lost the log in the shuffle, so I'll try again tonight with the
updated master branch that Dave Airlie just announced and let you know
how it goes.

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood