xf86-video-ati randr-1.2 branch on PowerBook5,4 with RV350

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Wed Aug 22 23:55:55 PDT 2007

Paul Collins <paul at briny.ondioline.org> writes:

> "Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It should work.  How recently did you check out the randr branch?  Can
>> you post your X log?
>
> Last night.  I think commit 9470bd67731059f26859ed5f0bea3ade09e2c80c.
>
> I lost the log in the shuffle, so I'll try again tonight with the
> updated master branch that Dave Airlie just announced and let you know
> how it goes.

I got some of the details wrong.  What actually happens is that when X
starts I just get a blank screen.  When I kill the server or switch back
to a VT, I see the corrupted console.

        http://ondioline.org/~paul/corrupted-console.jpeg

The three copies of the cursor you see on the bottomm line all blink
together.  When I reinstall the original driver and start X again, all
is well, both in X and on the console.

Using the driver as of commit 9d38c8aa1a7d6fb1af41ee8abdb4a95f94843538
"radeon: cleanup some warnings", here are the logs from a good and a bad
run, and my xorg.conf.