[xorg] Re: Request to reconfigure the list with [xorg] in subject line

JoJo jojo onetwojojo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:06:32 PST 2007

Perfect soln. to our problems !!!

Lets handle this problem on the serverside

2 Mailing lists - (1 with [xorg] & 1 without [xorg])
plus we need 1 reply-to-mailinglist id.

Mailing lists - with [xorg]
Accept/Allow [xorg], if missing apply [xorg] to subject
(only accept email from reply-to-mailinglist id)

Mailing lists - without [xorg]
Dis-allow [xorg], if present remove [xorg] from subject
(only accept email from reply-to-mailinglist id)

Content mirroring
All replies to any topic on the above mailinglists are sent
indirectly via reply-to-mailinglist id
(which in turn send it to both of the above mailing lists)
to achieve synchronization

the down side:-
*further confusion for bug reporters (which list do i report it on?)
*fdo resources utilization & efficiency is hurt (huge impact)
* gmail conversations may break (small impact)

the upside:-
* peaceful co-existence

-Jojo