G35/33 X3500/3100 HDMI

hanasaki jiji hanasaki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 15:37:27 PST 2007

Which version of xorg is being referenced?

I am looking at G35, G33 and G31 boards to run Debian etch and Ubuntu
7.10 gutsy on
Are they supported?

///
On Sunday, December 02, 2007 3:03 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2007-12-02 22:04+0100 sim0n wrote:
> > Thank you very much for your detailed information.
> > I guess unless you say that the GMA 3100 basically works now I will
> > have to go with a different solution :-(.
>
> Aside from the one-week outage due to an introduced issue in the
> cutting-edge version of the driver, it has been working
> well.  I run KDE 3.x (i.e., 2D desktop) with no problems, and also
> ppracer (a.k.a. tuxracer) and foobillard for 3D games.  Here is the
> glxgears rating results as given by the offical
> http://www.free3d.org/ script

Yeah, and that outage was purely my fault.  Prior to the 2.2 release,
G33 worked fine, but I introduced the regression you found in fixing
another bug for 8xx users.

So in general, G33 should be in good shape (video, 3D and 2D and mode
setting support for SDVO VGA, DVI, and builtin VGA & TV outputs).

Jesse