Getting involved in XInput hotplug development?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Feb 4 12:17:08 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 03:44 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:

> There's no real list.  Right now, we haven't got a proper external
> manager that integrates with desktops; I'm also thinking about moving
> off desktop and just making it part of the wire protocol[0]

Oh. So the server advertises the devices it *could* use, and the user
selects between them using protocol extension bits? I think that could
work; it sounds a lot like RandR 1.2 stuff in this way, except that
multiple X servers could use the same device if there weren't suitable
security checks in place (which could be as simple as doing an exclusive
open on the device).

keith.packard at intel.com